Sri Ragavendra Health Care Gastroenterology department One of the best hospitals in Vellore for Advanced Gastroenterology diagnosis and treatment
Gastroenterology deals with all diseases, conditions and disorders in the entire digestive tract including mouth, esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, pancreas, anus, appendix, rectum, anus.
Sri Ragavendra HealthCare has an integrated diagnostic unit, specialized surgeons for both general surgeries and pediatric surgeries and Gastroenterologists with 8+ years experience. We are equipped to perform Endoscopic and laparoscopic Procedures which take lesser time, avoid pain, large wounds and loss of blood. Our Expert Team, advanced treatments, adaptation to latest medical diagnosis makes us one of the top preferred Gastroenterology Hospital in Vellore.
Common Gastrointestinal Disorders:
1. Acid Reflux
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
This condition causes acid in your stomach to back up into your esophagus causing irritation and pain in your chest and throat. Though acid reflux may be common, if it happens frequently the esophagus will be severely affected and the acid may even enter lungs and bring more complications
- 1. Constant Irritation in chest & throat
- 2. Tooth erosion
- 3. Bad breath
- 4. Nausea
- 1. Changing food habits
- 2. lifestyle changes like elevating the head of the bed, not lying down after a meal
- 3. Get prescribed Antacids, Histamine Blockers
- 4. In severe cases Endoscopy is preferred for diagnosis
A bulge in the stomach/abdomen/groin area due to a weak muscular wall is termed as Hernia. It may occur due to various causes such as involving in heavy physical activities, pregnancy, obesity, smoking, chronic constipation, etc..,
- 1. Pain and discomfort while standing, sitting and lifting heavy objects
- 2. Bulge in abdomen area which continues to swell
- 3. Nausea, Vomiting
- 4.Acid Reflux
- 1.Surgical Treatment
- 2.Open Surgery & Laproscopic Surgery
Gallstones are cholesterol stones that form in your gallbladder. When there is excess cholesterol in bile, gallstones develop over a period of time. If left untreated they might lead to serious complications such as gallbladder infection, pancreas inflammation & gallbladder cancer.
- 1. Intense pain in upper stomach
- 2. Loss of appetite
- 3. Dark colored urine
- 4. Indigestion & diarrhoea
In 80% of the cases there might be mild/ no symptoms and it can only be diagnosed with scans. They are diagnosed through ultrasound scans, blood tests and endoscopic procedures
- 1. Natural Home remedies can be followed in case of lesser complications
- 2. Surgical procedures such as Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal
- 3. Non-surgical treatments such as use of ursodiol to dissolve the gallstones
- 4. Shock wave lithotripsy - use of shock waves to break the stones
4. Polyps , Colon Cancer
Tumorous growth in the inner walls of colon and rectum. Easily treatable when diagnosed earlier. Age & chronic ulcer conditions are the main causes of colon cancer Diagnosed through colonoscopy.
- 1. Change in consistency of stool(diarrhoea/constipation)
- 2. Abdominal pain
- 3. Sudden weight loss
- 4. Iron deficiency anemia
- 5. Blood in stool
- 1. Surgery
- 2. Chemotherapy
- 3. Radiation Therapy
When the protective mucus lining in the stomach wears off, acid secreted in the stomach starts causing sores. When this continues for a long-time there might be bleeding or even a hole in the stomach.
- 1. Frequent Indigestion, feeling full sooner
- 2. Not being able to eat due to pain
- 3. Burping, vomiting, bloating
- 4. pain that extends from the navel to the chest
- 1. Stomach ulcers are diagnosed through endoscopy, endoscopic biopsy
- 2. Non-surgical treatment includes proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), H2 receptor blockers to reduce the acid production in stomach
- 3. Surgical treatment for extreme cases involve removal of ulcer, patching the ulcer area with tissues taken from your intestine
Appendicitis is a condition where the appendix gets infected, inflamed, filled with pus. This causes pain that starts from the upper abdomen and goes towards the lower right abdomen. If left untreated, this condition may cause severe infection in the large intestine.
A combination of blood tests, urine tests and an abdominal ultrasound scan helps diagnose appendicitis.
- 1. Mild - Severe pain in upper abdomen.
- 2. Abdominal swelling, nausea, vomiting.
- 3. Indigestion and constipation. If you in-take laxatives(substances that loosen your stool) the appendicitis gets worse and it may even burst causing further complications, it’s recommended to contact a physician immediately if your symptoms match with appendicitis. Home remedies, over the counter medicines will not help.
- 1. Surgical Removal - open surgery and laparoscopic surgery
- 2. Antibiotics for the bacterial infection
- Hepato Biliary Diversion..........
- Colorectal Diversion ..........
- Upper GI diversion ..........